Make A Difference
During the interim before the 83rd Session, RethinkTexas.org was successful in opening a dialog on assessment and accountability in Texas schools. The construction and passage of HB 5 was certainly influenced by input on this site. As we begin to think about the 84th Session, I hope to gain input on several topics.
How to Interact
- Read the rules below.
- Pick a topic. Choose from the menu at the top of this page.
- Do your homework. Passionate, expressive, articulate comments are great. Personal experiences with these topics are most welcome. Uneducated rants? Not so much.
- Add to the discussion by leaving a comment at the bottom of the topic page.
For those who participated last time, welcome back. For those who are new, here’s how it works:
- This is a site for serious education discussion on fairly narrow topics. Nothing regarding a political candidate, political party, or other politically oriented matter will be posted. Stay on topic!
- Most folks on this site are familiar with the problems associated with the listed topics. Therefore, please don’t spend too much time ranting about problems. Focus on suggesting solutions!
- I reserve the right to judge what is too political, off-topic, or just mean-spirited. In general, all serious comments will be posted as soon as I have time to review them. They will be posted as-is with no editing or filtering.
- Remember that at some point ideas must be drafted into a bill. Those who give specific suggestions for changes to the Texas Education Code by chapter and line are far more likely to succeed in accomplishing change.
This site WILL NOT be used for partisan, political or campaign purposes. Your email address will be kept confidential and WILL NOT be added to any mailing list or otherwise used for political purposes. Your comments are being solicited by Jimmie Don Aycock, Chair of the Texas House Committee on Public Education, and may be used to discuss issues before the Texas Legislature. Therefore:
Paid for by the J. D. Aycock Campaign Fund
200 N. Roy Reynolds Drive, Killeen, Texas 76543
Marie Aycock, Treasurer